by DAN MOREN of Tom’s Guide
Having Alexa read you your upcoming appointments is one of the best uses of a virtual assistant. It saves you from having to go to your computer or pull out your phone to check what’s going on for the day or add a new event. Alexa supports Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Microsoft calendars via Outlook.com and Office 365. Here’s how to link them.
1. Open the Alexa app on your phone.
2. Tap the Menu button in the top left corner.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Scroll down to find Calendar and select it.
5. Tap the calendar system you want to link; for this example, we’ll use Google Calendar.
6. On the following screen, which includes your name, tap “Link your Google calendar account.”
7. When prompted, choose the appropriate Google account. You may need to enter your username and password.
8. The following screen tells you what abilities you’re granting Alexa; in this case, managing your calendars. Tap Allow.
9. Tap Done.
10. Choose which calendars you want Alexa to have access to by tapping the checkbox beside their names. When you’re finished, tap the Back arrow in the top left.
11. In the middle of the screen, you can choose to which calendar new events will be added. Tap the name of the calendar that Alexa has chosen to change it.
12. You’re all set! Now, you can add a new event to your calendar by saying “Alexa, add dinner to my calendar for 6pm today” or, for a more interactive approach, “Alexa, add an event to my calendar.”
Leave a Reply